Skip to main content


If you wish to apply for Relief Teaching, please download the attached application form.

Teaching positions

1.  Drama (Yr 9-13) and Dance (Yr 9) Teacher (suitable for first year teachers)
Part time (.8 load), long term maternity relief position starting 28 January 2019

2.  Science with Biology Teacher
Full time, long term relief position from 28 January 2019 until 27 January 2020.

3.  Mathematics Teacher
Full time, long term maternity relief position starting 28 January 2019

4.  Physical Education
Part time (.4 load), long term relief position from 28 January 2019 until 27 January 2020

Support staff position

1.  Technology Technician - Fashion and Textiles, Product and Spatial Design and Digital Technologies
We are looking for a Technology Technician to provide technical support to students and staff in the technology learning area.
The role is for 25 hours a week, for the school term year 2019, and is suited to a graduate design student.

Ideally you will have experience with

  • Adobe CS6 - Photoshop and Illustrator
  • Laser cutting
  • Digital textile printing
  • Vinyl cutting
  • and 3D printing

Application forms for these positions are attached.  The job descriptions for the teaching positions will be uploaded on Tuesday 23 October.
To apply please forward the application form, CV and cover letter to Jacqui Forsythe, HR Administrator

Closing dates:
Support staff position - Monday 5 November 2018 at 4pm
Teaching positions - Monday 12 November 2018 at 4pm

Information for Teachers Employed from Overseas

  • Immigration
    New Zealand or Australian citizens or permanent residents seeking positions in New Zealand do not require work or resident permits.  All other immigrant teachers require permits.
  • Overseas Qualifications
    All overseas trained teachers require a New Zealand Qualifications Authority assessment for salary purposes.  The website for further information and the guide and application form is NZQA - International Qualifications
  • Teacher Registration 
    After you have received your NZQA assessment you can apply to the Teachers' Council to process your application for registration.  Refer Education Council.
  • For information on salaries and contracts in the Secondary Teachers Agreement please follow this link to the Ministry of Education site.